Jannah (literally 'garden') means paradise, Heaven. It is a word from the Muslim world. This design is taken from an undated drawing in the archive of Liberty of London. Clearly inspired by classic blue and white chinaware designs, great prominence is given to the expressive space between forms, as much as the forms themselves. Various hot climate luxuriant blooms arc and trail gracefully, and are visited by a bird of paradise with its long, impressive tail feathers and head ornaments. Currently a favourite of mine for the new season, I love this limpid, evocative design from Liberty. On finest Tana lawn cotton with its superior powers of definition and luxurious hand feel and wearability. 'Moore' three button cuff.
- Inspiration: materials, fine art, Chinoiserie, nature
- Material: Liberty Tana lawn fine cotton
- Fit: regular tailored fit
- Cuff style: three button cuff
- Collar style: classic collar
- Theme: Liberty prints, floral patterns