Sound of the Sea is inspired by John Lennon's inspirational ‘Double Fantasy’ album which followed his epic, personally transforming trip to Bermuda on a sailing ship, the wheel of which he was forced to man for hours due to the rest of the crew being indisposed. Painted in watercolour with the lightest, most delicate of strokes, in the Liberty studio, it features a scattering of tropical shells on a delicately detailed sand grain background. Colours are earthy, but luminous as is characteristic of watercolour, pinks and warm light browns predominate, interspersed with Prussian blue and deep indigo to charcoal. Made from inimitable Tana lawn long-fibre, fine cotton, and printed in Liberty's Italian facility. With a 'Moore' three button cuff, classic collar and intelligent, tailored, regular fit.
- Inspiration: Liberty design classics
- Material: Liberty Tana lawn fine cotton
- Fit: regular tailored fit
- Cuff style: three button cuff
- Collar style: classic collar
- Theme: Liberty prints, classic design